Association for Asian Performance 15th Annual Conference
July 29-30, 2015 Montréal, Québec, Canada
The Association for Asian Performance (AAP) invites submissions for its 15th annual conference. The AAP conference is a two-day event, to be held at the Fairmont the Queen Elizabeth Hotel, Montreal preceding the annual ATHE (Association for Theatre in Higher Education) conference. Proposals are invited for papers, panels, workshops and roundtable discussions. Learn more about the AAP at http://www.yavanika.org/aaponline/ The deadline for proposals is April 1, 2015.
Proposals for the following formats are welcome:
• Individual Papers on a topic related to Asian performance. Proposals for individual papers should include an abstract (max 250 words). Individual presentations should be limited to 20 minutes so that there will be time left for questions and discussion. Visual materials (slides, video etc.) are strongly encouraged.
• Panels composed of three paper presenters and one discussant or four paper presenters. Proposals for panels should provide a brief statement (250 words) that explains the session as a whole, list of titles and 50 word abstract for each paper, and biography of the discussant (if applicable).
• Roundtables offer an opportunity for participants to discuss a specific theme, issue or significant recent publication. A maximum of six active participants is recommended. While a roundtable proposal will not be as detailed as a panel proposal, it should explain fully the session’s purpose, themes or issues and scope with a list of participants.
• Workshops by performance practitioner(s) with expertise in specific Asian performance traditions are welcomed, particularly workshops that overlap with a panel theme or paper presentation. Workshop proposals should include an abstract (350 words) describing the workshop and any technical or space considerations. Workshops should be designed to run no longer than 80 minutes.
• Poster sessions provide an opportunity to share developing, new, or unique research projects that would be enhanced by an interactive format. Submit a brief abstract (250 words) You will be giving short, multimedia-enhanced presentations to visitors. The AAP will do its best to pair specialists in your subject area to act as respondents. A reception will be held for the poster session. Past presenters at the poster sessions included both junior and senior scholars.
• We encourage suggestions for innovative alternatives to the panels, individual papers and roundtables described above.
Proposals should include the following:
• Title of panel, roundtable, workshop, poster, or paper.
• Names of all the presenters, including chair and/or organizer and discussant (for panels and roundtables). A few biographical sentences about each presenter.
• Affiliation, specialization (field/region), mailing address, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of all participants.
• Explanation of the session (for panels, workshops and roundtables); abstract of each panel presentation or each paper.
Proposals should be emailed to the conference organizer and AAP Vice-President, Jennifer Goodlander, email@example.com — you may also contact Jennifer with any questions, ideas, or help finding collaborators.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ALL PROPOSALS IS APRIL 1, 2015.
All presenters are expected to join AAP. To find out about the benefits of becoming an AAP member, please check out our website at http://www.yavanika.org/aaponline and consider joining us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aaponline/.